Welcome to the CERD Quarterly Newsletter. Below you will find information on all things CERD and college esports, including our achievements, announcements, events, and much more. This is our first of many newsletters, expect the next at the end of September, and the last at the end of December of this year. This gives us plenty of time to track and record our achievements, expectations, and ideas for the future. Thank you all for your support of CERD, we could not have done this without you!
Thank you all for helping us reach these achievements, this is only the beginning!
CERD is proud to announce three new services, all offered for free. These extend beyond college esports, and extend to help individuals grow their personal brand through our platform.
These services include:
- The Streamer Benefit Program
- The Clip of the Month Program
Read more about all three of these and apply on the services page of our website.
Throughout the course of our history, CERD has hosted a variety of giveaways, tournaments, and more in association with our partners.
List of our past events:
- Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard in partnership with Salad.io - 5/7/19
- CSGO 1v1 Solo Tournament in partnership with TE5 Gaming - 6/15/19
- CSGO 5v5 Tournament in partnership with TE5 Gaming - 2/18/19
- CSGO 2v2 Wingman Tournament in partnership with TE5 Gaming - 4/20/19
- Fortnite 2v2 Tournament in partnership with TE5 Gaming - 6/29/19
This is just the beginning of our event history, we hope to host at least something every two weeks. In fact, by the time you are reading this it is very well likely that there is another giveaway/tournament live to the public, check them out on our events page!
Our website has seen tremendous growth in the last 6 months. Two new pages are available:
1. About Us page - Learn more about what we stand for, what our goals are, and why we are doing all of this for free. You can also look at each one of the members of the CERD team, and their experience in esports.
2. Student Directory page - Research your specific college and find more information about what games they offer, if there are any scholarships available, and much more. Currently, this features only opted in CERD partners, but we plan to expand this in the very near future.
CERD is proud to introduce courses every month. We strive to do this to better the esports community in all ways to prepare for the college and professional scene, and this is only the beginning of our so called "Learn Initiative." We offered the first course for free to the first 25 people, 5 of which were CERD team members. Revenue from the courses is one of the only ways CERD remains profitable, but we strive to put nearly all if not 100% of all profits earned back into marketing, brand development, and making our processes more efficient to the colleges and players that use it.
These courses cover not only games, but streaming and management in esports. Find our courses on our Skillshare profile: https://www.skillshare.com/profile/CERD/7282519
We often give away courses during giveaways, tournaments, and other events. Stay tuned!
Looking ahead, CERD plans to increase all of what we do on to a massive scale, but especially our community events such as tournaments and giveaways. We hope to get more colleges coaches involved and scouting tournaments, as they get to see a player in action rather than reading about him or her.
CERD also plans on increasing the amount of courses and learning opportunities for players, coaches, and managers on their journeys to the college or professional scene.
We did amazing this quarter and crushed all expectations we had. We set out with a simple platform, and just a few months into our journey have so much more. Thank you all for supporting us on our journey hence far, this is only the beginning.
I would like to invite you all to join our Discord server for daily updates, announcements, and college advertisements. This is a wonderful opportunity, please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions, suggestions, or are interested in joining the CERD team!